Monday, November 10, 2008

Summer/Fall

What a busy year! Jake worked hard all summer up on Cove Mountain. Wildfire Prep also got its first government contract out by Modena. Jake has been out there working for the past month and about ready to call it quits for the winter.

I got my first hunting tag....a valley doe. Jake taught me how to use a shot gun without falling over and together we bagged two delicious ladies. All the blood and guts and work that it took were worth it when we ate backstraps so tender we could cut them with a fork.



We also took a vacation for 2 weeks. We stayed one night in Sun Valley, Idaho with Scott & Suzy and then traveled on to Phillipsburg, Montana to watch his niece get married. We went and explored some old ghost towns that were abandoned after some of the mines shut down. We saw old schools, churches, and hospitals.













From there we traveled with Wess, April, & their famly down through Yellowstone. We spent 4 days seeing the park and camping in a different spot each night. We saw a lot of Buffalo and it was tough keeping Jake calm when he saw the coyotes running down the side of the road.





April & I got 3 showers in 11 days, something neither one of us were used to. Jake & I slept in the back of the Escape for a couple of nights because I was scared of being eatin by a bear. I finally got over my fear and we both slept a lot better.














Our journey ended in Goblin Valley. Jake bought me own canyon for a night. It was our first real shower in days and we all slept really good that night. We spent the day running around the valley helping Jordan find hide outs.









We all had a great time and were not ready for our trip to end.














No comments: